Louis F. Pignatelli II
- Personal Injury
- Medical Malpractice
- Nursing Home Abuse & Neglect
- Products Liability
- Land Use, Planning & Zoning
- Intellectual Property
- Hospitality, Food & Beverage
Juris Doctor (J.D.)
Notre Dame Law School
Attorney Pignatelli attended Notre Dame Law School on merit scholarship. There he undertook research and directed readings on XBRL technologies, securities regulation and corporate malfeasance and wrote on the intersection of law and commerce focusing on beverage regulation and regional economic development. He studied constitutional law and the law of evidence with Judge Amy Coney Barrett of the Seventh Circuit Court of Appeals and personal injury law with Patrick A. Salvi. He was a participant in the Intensive Trial Advocacy Program and a mediator in the Applied Mediation Program.
Master of Arts (M.A.)
The University of Notre Dame
Attorney Pignatelli was admitted to the Graduate School on full academic scholarship and studied philosophy and literature. His interests remain at the intersection of literature, mediating technologies and political philosophy.
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
The University of Notre Dame
Attorney Pignatelli graduated from the University of Notre Dame with majors in honors American Studies and English.
Publications, Associations and Distinctions
Media Appearances, Talks and Publications
- “Thai’d Up in Court.” Arguing Service Mark Infringement in Consumer Fraud and Intellectual Property litigation.
- “Ruling on Touch of Thai Nears.” Advocating for and subsequently awarded preliminary injunctive relief.
- “‘Check, Please!’ Legal Challenges and Regulatory Concerns from Statehouse to Steakhouse,” Notre Dame Law School Food & Beverage Association, Invited Young Alumni Speaker (October 2016) Notre Dame, Indiana
- Student Participant, International Legal Technology Association Conference (August 2016) Oxon Hill, Maryland
- Lecturer, “Litigation Contingencies at the Frontiers of XBRL Reporting: Martialing Legally Significant Metadata for the Common Good,” Hesburgh Libraries, Center for Research Computing & ACM Consortium, (April 2016) Notre Dame, Ind.
- Lecturer, “Professional Perception without Action: Large Law Firms’ Innovation Deficit,” NDLS Law and Informatics Research Presentation (March 2016) Notre Dame, Indiana
- “New Class at Notre Dame Gets Students to Think About Technology’s Impact.” Where Attorneys Pignatelli and Rice participated in first iteration of innovative legal technology seminar at NDLS.
- Student Attendee, 15th Annual Loyola Antitrust Colloquium, (April 2015) Chicago, Illinois
Volunteer and Charitable Work
- Sauk Valley Small Business Development Association, Volunteer
- Committee to Elect Mike Lewis for Sheriff, Campaign Manager
- Rock Falls Young Professionals Collective, Participant
- Illinois State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Tort Litigation Practice Committee
- Member, Trial Practice Committee
- Member, Food Law Practice Committee
- Member, Law and Literature Service Committee
- American Association of Justice
What Our Clients Say
“I’m writing on behalf of [my family] to say Thank You! … The entire process was easy and quick and for that as well, we thank you. God bless!”
Client from Rock Falls, IL
“Ut semper magna nec nulla tempor, at tempus nunc mollis. In pulvinar ullamcorper nisi. Donec non maximus neque aliquam eget enim eu purus cursus vestibulum eu non arcu lorem. Thanx!”
Mr. Richard Black - Civil Case
“WOW! Thanx! Sed est tellus, vulputate sit amet justo non, varius malesuada dolor. Nullam ullamcorper, metus non rhoncus placerat, urna purus auctor nibh, non finibus sapien turpis ut mauris. Maecenas nec tellus ultricies, sollicitudin nulla vitae, suscipit dui.”